This has been a week of strong feelings. Being a group of entrepreneurs and self-starters, the only way we know to cope with it all is to act. We won't be sharing our five bullets this week, we will share this one:
Give your time:
- Call your family
- Call a friend
- Volunteer at your local community kitchen
- Watch your neighbor's kids/pets
- Recycle and compost aggressively
Give your attention:
- Put the phone away and listen.
- Put the phone away and talk.
- Put the phone away and read to a child. Not just your own but also others, because only 52% of children are read to on a daily basis.
- Put the phone away and people watch. Embrace the beauty of all the differences among people around you. It's so easy to feel humble and fortunate.
- Get informed and be active in your local government.
Give your money:
- Sponsor an orphan in Vietnam with just $10 a month and change their life onward.
- Give a little gift of safe water and clean toilets because those are luxury for many.
- Feed an elementary school child on the weekend for an entire 38-week school year with only $100, when they would go hungry otherwise.
- Donate to any of these pro-women, pro-immigrant, pro-earth, anti-bigotry organizations.