San Fran Int'l Wine Competition
The San Francisco International Wine Competition is just around the corner! It is one of the most prestigious competitions in our industry... and a personal favorite of mine.
SFWIC recognizes both: the unique liquids inside the bottles (your expertise) AND the labels (my specialty)!
It's a very exciting time of year, and with several recognitions for my designs over my 11+ year career, I can honestly say "you've got to be in it to win it!"
I’m currently going through the submission process for the new upper-tiers range for Small Talk: Big Ideas… and thought this was the perfect opportunity to remind you to enter the competition as well!
While I love “everything packaging”, the core of the San Francisco International Wine Competition is the wine itself. In their own words: “it has been setting the standard for professional wine judging since its debut in 1980.”
Outshinery has had the pleasure to work with Kiona vineyards who won Double-Gold last year for their 2013 Estate Red Mountain Reserve, in the Best Bordeaux Blend category. We asked JJ Williams, Director of Operations (& Whippersnapper!) at Kiona to tell us what his biggest takeaway from the SFWIC experience was:
GOOD TO KNOW
- Deadline for entries is Friday, June 2, 2017
- Results are announced the first week of July
- The competition is entering is 37th year
- 4,618 wines were blind tasted by a jury of 50 industry experts in 2016
- Winners will be listed in The SOMM Journal, reaching over 40,000 beverage-trade decision makers
- Bottle stickers help distinguish winning wines on store shelves
- Entrance fees are for the wine competition: $100/entry and for the label competition $25/entry
Learn more at SFWINECOMP.COM
Don't hide the fruit of your labor from the world! Wouldn’t it be nice to display your newly minted medals in your tasting room instead? Remember: each nomination and recognition you receive is part of a bigger picture, they speak louder as a collective.
Best of luck to you, I look forward to reading your name when the SFWIC winners are announced in July and on the results lists of many more competitions to come!